Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Malt Shovel - Edinburgh

There seems to be a metric ton of great pubs in Edinburgh and I just barely scratched the surface on them.  Many have really nice choices for cask ale (or "real ale").  One such place is called the The Malt Shovel (on a side just off the Royal Mile).  For starters, what a great name for a pub.  Because, really what I want to do is shovel malt in liquid form down my throat when I visit a place like this.


They had a lovely dark mild on cask from Mighty Oak Brewing Company of Essex called Oscar Wilde which won the an award of "Supreme Champion Ale of Britian 2011" and it's not hard to see why.  It really is as delicous as it looks and highly quaffable at only 3.7% ABV.  I'd love to see this beer show up at a NERAX one of these years. 

Just one of many great pubs in this beer mecca of a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment